Now Hiring- Program Director
Job Summary: The Blue North Program Director is an integral part of the Blue North team, working closely with the Executive Director, local stakeholders, and Blue North partners. Blue North is an independent non-profit that is governed by a Board of Directors.
Working alongside the Executive Director and the Blue North partners, the Program Director will design and implement programs to grow and strengthen the Northern Kentucky startup ecosystem. This position requires sharp attention to detail, a helpful and collaborative attitude, and a genuine interest in how startup communities grow and thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Northern Kentucky entrepreneurs to connect them to resources in the community.
- Develop, market, and implement programming and events to engage and educate entrepreneurs in Northern Kentucky. This could include CO.STARTERS, the “How I Made It” interview series, and other events/programming.
- Administer the RISE Grant, including gathering information from sub-grantees, submitting reimbursement requests, tracking and reporting metrics, and attending monthly Hubs Huddle meetings.
- Manage the marketing and social media presence of Blue North to highlight activities, events, and the success of Northern Kentucky entrepreneurs. This includes writing posts, creating graphics, updating the website, and developing presentations.
- Collaborate with other Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati-region entrepreneurship organizations to strengthen the overall startup and innovation ecosystem.
- Work with KY Innovation and the other Kentucky innovation hubs on statewide initiatives.
- Assist in preparing for monthly Board meetings.
- You may be asked to do additional tasks or take on additional responsibilities as Blue North’s mission grows and evolves.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required. Major or minor in entrepreneurship, marketing, communications, business, graphic design, or a related subject is preferred but not required.
- Relevant experience as an entrepreneur or working/interning at a start-up small business, or entrepreneurship support organization is preferred.
- Experience in marketing, graphic design, and website design or maintenance – or a demonstrated interest in learning these skills.
- Great communication and organizational skills (including event logistics).
- Experience working with MSOffice and social media platforms. Willingness to learn (or experience with) Salesforce, Word Press, Slack, and Google Drive.
- This position works with a great deal of autonomy and will not always be working in the same office as the Executive Director. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is proactive about reaching out with questions and asking for direction when needed.
- At least 60% of work time will be spent at Blue North’s office in Covington, KY. The remaining time is flexible and can be spent at the office or a remote location. A small amount of in-state travel will be required.
- A laptop and a $50 per month cell phone stipend will be provided.
- Medical and dental insurance will be provided.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and requested salary to David Schneider at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Blue North provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.